How Will Geofencing In Santa Clarita Integrate With Home Security?
The latest residential security solutions have become more capable every year. Even so, it’s still easy to fail to do basic security duties like turning on your a home security system, shutting the garage door, or even making sure your doors are locked.
How would you feel if you never had to worry about these things ever again? With geofencing in Santa Clarita, you can just drive off to work and let your system lock up for you.
What is Geofencing In Santa Clarita For Home Security Systems?
Geofencing creates a virtual perimeter along the sides of your house, which you may arrange in your smart security app. This convenient tool then utilizes your mobile device to see when you cross the perimeter and then triggers pre-programmed actions or notifications.
How Does Geofencing Work?
Geofencing functions through z-wave, a wireless communications standard that smart implements utilize to share information with other connected equipment. This technological advancement aids your security system by putting all components onto a single network. You can institute specific boundaries along the perimeter of your house and designate what actions you want to take place if you move beyond the prearranged border line.
For example, shortly after you pull away from your driveway, you may instruct your security system to engage door locks, shut the garage door, and arm your alarms. Then, when you arrive home for the evening, geofencing can inform your system to disable the alarm, raise the garage door, brighten first-floor lights, and even alter your smart thermostat.
Below are several of the devices you will be able to manage with geofencing:
● Connected thermostats
● Security alarms and cameras
● Various electronics including Stereos, TVs, and appliances
● Garage doors
Custom Geofencing, Schedules, And Scenes Are Available In Your Mobile Security App
Geofencing is one of the many ways you can utilize your property’s security system in Santa Clarita. When accessing the ADT Control app, you are able to do a lot with home automation. In a few easy touches of your phone, and you are able to:
● Program schedules: arrange your smart devices to engage at predetermined times. Have your lights start to dim to indicate that it's bedtime, or deactivate your alarms the first thing in the morning.
● Define how devices react to one another: Make certain equipment come alive based on another activity. Instruct your thermostat to turn on the connected fan when a smoke detector is set off. Or switch on your smart bulb in the hallway if your surveillance system detects unusual motion around your property.
● Preprogram scenes: Create scenes featuring various devices that function in concert with each other. Have your smart bulbs switch off, the temperature go down, and the smart locks bolt when the day is done. Or customize a scene for movie night with preset light and thermostat levels.
● Geofence your security: There may be times when you fail to enable your alarm system if you're rushing around in the morning. With geofencing functionality and your mobile device, you don’t have to worry about forgetting to turn on your alarms and lower the garage door.
Enjoy The Benefits Of Geofencing in Santa Clarita
Whether you’re looking for additional reassurance of a completely secure residence whenever you leave or you wish to automate your smart home technology, geofencing will make things easier. Talk to a skilled member of our team today at (661) 231-0767 or send in the following form to begin customizing your optimal security system.