Security cameras can easily be used as a warning—a display that informs criminals or intruders that “we’re always watching.” Or you can leverage your video surveillance to bolster your home’s defenses.
Thankfully, today’s security cameras arrive outfitted with a plethora of additions all built to deliver comprehensive protection for your family. Whether it’s two-way audio and recording capabilities or infrared dark vision and lightspeed motion sensors, these tools help you to have the most from video surveillance in Santa Clarita.
How To Set Up Your Santa Clarita Home Security Cameras For Maximum Protection
Placing your home security cameras on the perfect locations around your residence is the best place to start with home security.. Indoor security cameras need to be placed in common areas such as the kitchen or family room. It’s also a good idea to install a camera looking at main entryways, stairs, or other transitional areas criminals would have to pass to reach the rest of your house. Outdoor security cameras should provide a clear scene of your porch, drive, and patio, garage, and other exterior detached buildings, like sheds. Then get a view of your front door with a discreet doorbell camera.
There are locations inside your home that aren’t quite as imperative to monitor like bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements without a good entryway to the outside. Privacy for you and your guests needs to be a major consideration prior to installing a security device in a bedroom.. Consider adding window or motion detectors if you desire a form of security in bedrooms.
Additions That Optimize Home Security Cameras
Camera location is only the first step in extracting the all you can out of home security cameras in Santa Clarita. The additions described below help to elevate security and boost overall home safety.
- Motion detection: Receive instant notifications on your mobile device the instant strange activity is detected. You can also configure cameras to begin capturing footage when movements are discovered which helps increase camera recording time.
- Cloud storage for smart clips: Program your home security cameras to film and save clips to the cloud for easy playback at your convenience.
- Two-way talk: Nearly all of modern security cameras include a built-in intercom and speaker so you are able to chat with guests via the device. With your security app, you can make it seem you’re home or welcome your kids as they arrive home from school.
- Wide field of vision: Field of view, or how wide camera video is, gives you a more exhaustive view of what where you want to protect. Check for cameras that provide a minimum of 120° wide angle lens or that can pan in a wide arc for complete visibility.
- Night vision: Ensure your video surveillance have either infrared or LED sensors that will capture footage of overnight motion.
- Activity zones: Activity zones provide you the flexibility to secure single locations within your living space.. For example, you can tell your doorbell camera to alert you of movement happening on your yard or your patio and disregard traffic passing or foot traffic.
- Mobile app: security app, like ADT Control®, allow you to view live camera feeds, direct cameras, power or disengage the system, and record events. Most importantly, the app will send instant texts when the detect something unusual taking place around your property.
Optimize Your Security Cameras Today
Pulling the most out of your home security cameras in Santa Clarita is more simple. From ultra fast motion detection to two-way audio, your security system rises from merely a deterrent to an impenetrable defense. Call (661) 231-0767 or complete the form below to get started customizing your home security and camera system today.