Where are the right sites to place your home security cameras in Santa Clarita? Normally, there are three major regions of the home for video protection: your principal entryway, the outside perimeter, and select interior spaces. Although your provider can advise where you should install, here are some helpful tips on where to place your home security cameras at your home.
Don’t Forget To Safeguard Your Front Entryway
Even though it might seem absurd that an intruder would attempt to casually enter through the front door, 34% of break-ins occur at this obvious access point. There are also delivery bandits among other threats to deal with. Doorbell surveillance is ideal to manage all of these possibilities with high-definition, wide-angle viewing.
Doorbell surveillance is extra useful as you have the ability to converse with people who come and engage the doorbell. Through your cell phone app, like ADT Control, you can answer every ring with 2-way talk and live feeds and give the impression you’re on site. When a visitor attempts something criminal, you will have your video surveillance instantly capture footage and transmit it to your mobile phone through a text.
Plan Ahead to Maximize Coverage With Your Exterior Video Surveillance
Figuring out where to place home security cameras on the exterior of your home can be a daunting assignment. Thankfully, there are a few beneficial tips to help ensure your property is well protected.
- The corners of your Santa Clarita residence provide a large field-of-view, letting you see two segments of your property.
- Position underneath an eave or straight into a length of cladding or edging are perfect spots for security cameras as they will be somewhat obscured by your home.
- On top of your garage, because the garage door is a more enticing entryway for intruders than you may know!
- Overlooking a patio or sliding door -- or any entryway not in clear view from the sidewalk.
To make sure these locations are successful, make sure you cut back any bushes or tree limbs that might obstruct the camera’s view.
Tips To Get The Best Results From Your In-Home Surveillance
You have a wider range of choices on where to place home security cameras inside your property in Santa Clarita. But the additional flexibility does mean there are other installation variables to consider:
- Beware of Sun Glare: While you’ll want to make sure your windows are secure, the natural light through a window might cast a glare on your surveillance footage. Aim the front of your camera away from any direct views of windows to eliminate this problem.
- Take the High Road: Similar to an observation deck, a video camera located in an elevated area will have a more panoramic view. You might situate your cameras on top of bookcases or affixed to a corner or ceiling.
- Choose Unreachable and Secure Locations: Your surveillance system won’t have the chance to safeguard your home if anything happens to it. Set your devices in locations where kids and your furry friends can’t interact with them. Consider mounting or another means of attaching them to make sure they don’t crash to the ground if mistakenly jostled.
- Use Plants and Decor to Your Advantage: The top surveillance system won’t do much good if there is a decorative item or plant obstructing the field of vision. However, decor or foliage can also serve as a means to hide your security equipment. Just make sure they don’t obscure the lens!
Turn to Secure24 Alarm Systems And Find the Right Place For Your Home Security Cameras
If you want the right placement of your home security cameras and other security equipment, use the experts at Secure24 Alarm Systems. We’ll find the ideal plan for your complete residence -- protecting every inch. Simply contact (661) 231-0767 or fill out the form on this page to start your project.